2012

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you rang in the new year better than our little Squirt did here. Let's just say too much junk food, bounce house, and staying up too late resulted in many changing of the sheets (and destroying of our bounce house). Big A is ever the best husband and daddy in the world - now snoozing in a twin bed with our little puker. I'll be sharing my king-sized with Moose here shortly.
2011 was a great year for us and I wanted to share some of our highlights (no particular order).
1. Moving to Kansas & closer to friends.
2. Moose being diagnosed with autism.
3. Moose starting pre-school.
4. Getting involved in our church: women's ministry president & Big A's Sunday school class.
5. Running 640 miles (including elliptical & walking = 667).
6. Beating Big A in two half marathons. :)
7. Meeting former Biggest Loser contestants.
8. Being so motivated by so many other people who have asked me (me?) about getting started toward fitness and running.
9. Getting a sewing machine and Cricut for Christmas (now to figure them out...).
10. Really moving toward a closer relationship with Christ, even if it's not always easy and I don't always do the best job. It's the most important relationship I have, so it always needs improving.

I don't do resolutions really but I like the start of the new year, it's refreshing to tear off the old calendar and put up a new blank slate. So this year's goals (so I guess I do resolutions after all):
1. Run 20 miles a week (at least); preferably running 4x a week.
2. Strength train 4x a week.
3. Finish a half marathon in 2 hours (not 100% sure how to accomplish this but I'm working on it).
4. Drink 4 tall glasses of water per day.
5. Eat a salad per day (or 2 salads).
6. Work on school stuff daily with Moose.
7. Get into a routine for my quiet time with the Lord.
8. Work on school stuff daily with Squirt.
9. Spend as much time as possible with my family.
10. Put specific limits on my computer time.

I will stick with these but I'm always flexible, especially in my running. I have to be with our life; there are just always curveballs. :)

Happy New Year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a really big year :). And very busy between moving and the half marathons. I'm going to try for 20 miles per week this year too, even though I don't do resolutions either (resolutions sound so... made to be broken, I like saying goals better). Sorry about the puke, but I guess junk food + bounce house = puke sometimes :(.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)