Monday Meanderings: Tuesday version

Bible Study... Beth Moore's Paul & Francis Chan's Crazy Love. Also will be starting Beth Moore's Breaking Free next week.


Memory Verse... Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Not be grumpy.
♥ Date night?

Train Them Up...
* Be consistent with discipline when Squirt bites.
* Be consistent with discipline period.
* Quit yelling at them and take a time out if I feel like it.
* Review ABC Bible Verses with Moose.
* Hopefully get their Veggie Tales Storybook Bible in the mail & read.

Personal Goals...
* Run 3x this week. Do a DVD 3x this week.
* Complete each daily assignment in Paul study.
* Take a nap 1-2x a week.

New Habit of the Month...  I'll be totally honest here. My new habit is actually breaking a habit. When I first met Big A, I struggled with cursing. I was doing so well for a long time and it's been sneaking back in to my life. It's awful. It's like it says in Matthew 12:43-45 -
“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”
Be praying for me, this is really weighing heavily on my heart. Matthew 12:36-37 says, "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
I know that I will be held accountable for every word that comes out of my mouth - even the careless ones. I didn't hear much of the sermon on Sunday (a little boy didn't want to be in the nursery or church) but I did hear our pastor say that many times we say something hurtful and then say "oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that." Well, we do mean to say those things. I'm meaning the words that come out of my mouth...but "I shouldn't have said that" (from the sermon). I really don't want to mean those things, I don't want them coming out of my mouth. I've been talking with God about it and trying so hard.
 
MUST Do...
* Get more thank you notes. Finish thank yous from the boys' birthdays.
* Read Crazy Love.
* blog something more interesting.
* Tiny K appointment tomorrow morning for Squirt (just checking on his speech).
* Go back to the printing place in town & pay her for putting different binding on my Breaking Free book.

Zone(s)...  Need to make the bed in the morning.

Menu - 

M  - chicken tacos
T - polish sausage, potatoes, mac & cheese
W - TBD or Hamburger Helper
Th - sandwiches or burgers
F - eating at friends' house
S - wedding!
Su - egg salad sandwiches for lunch; leftovers or something for supper

FUN THINGS! 
* Summer reading snow cone party tomorrow before lunch.
* Going to a wedding SANS children for the first time EVER!

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Naptime
2. Nice friends to swim with :D
3. Great doctors (the boys had their annual check-ups today)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Psalm 19:14

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)