Monday Meanderings (8/23/10)

Bible Study... I'm continuing in reading "Praying the Scriptures for your Children" by Jodie Berndt. I finally got done reading another book so I'm going to solely focus on this one.

Memory Verse... 1 Corinthians 10:13 "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

Husband Encouragement... 1. Be supportive listening to possible job prospects.
2. Help him spiff up his resume and fill out applications, if possible.
3. Don't worry about the future. I know he is concerned with me in this process so worrying doesn't help either of us.

Train Them Up... 1. Tuesday is our first speech therapy with Moose.
2. Continue to work on setting limits with Squirt (don't touch movies, get down from the tv, sit down to drink). 3. Work with Moose on dressing and undressing himself (he got himself completely stripped down for bathtime two days ago).

Personal Goals... 1. Run. I didn't get my long run in last weekend, so I need to get some miles in.
2. Finish a few reviews I need to do for the blog. 

New Habit of the Month...  1. Don't worry! God is faithful and takes care of us.

MUST Do... 1. Laundry. 2. Keep up with dishes

Zone... 1. Closet. I don't have a dresser so my clothes are all in my closet (except my underthings which are in one drawer of our dresser). I have piles and boxes - it's a mess and I hate it but we can't exactly afford a dresser right now, so I just need to organize it better.

Menu - M - chicken nuggets, baked potatoes, peas & salad
Tuesday - sloppy joes and green beans & salad
Wednesday - chicken in crockpot (I have a packet for this) & carrots
Thursday - breakfast (eggs, sausage)
Friday - steaks, steak fries, and corn & salad
Saturday - grilled chicken (anyone have an easy glaze recipe?), pasta side, and salad
Sunday - something in the crockpot

FUN THINGS! 
1. Speech therapy (I know this isn't "fun" but I'm very excited for this)
2. Nothing to do this weekend
3. We'll probably Skype with my parents and/or sister(s) sometime this week

3 things I'm thankful for today... 
1. Prayer. We had a missionary speak at church yesterday. I always feel passionately toward missions and want to help financially. Well, that's usually not possible for us and it occurred to me that although I may not be able to provide monetarily, that I can provide prayer and that's more powerful than money.
2. My husband. He is patient when I'm not patient. He is encouraged when I'm not optimistic. He always puts us first after God (so second?). He never loses hope. 
3. My kids. They seriously may drive me up the wall many times a day but they love me so fiercely. Even when I'm gone for 20 seconds outside to throw away a dirty diaper, they are excited to see me come back.
4. (I know this is 3 things but I'm thankful today) Our church. They just opened a new campus in Nebraska (we go in Kansas) and people have been so encouraging and helpful in our quest to find out what's next.
 
 

Comments

Tricia said…
love your "3 things"
Theresa said…
An easy marinade for grilled chicken is a bottle of Italian salad dressing. Duck sauce is also really good. Just brush it on the last few minutes on the grill.
Hope you get time to go on a long run this week :)
Our goals for the week sound about the same! Have a great week!
Anonymous said…
Hey love---need a dresser? we have an extra one we left at kurt's sister's house...I can go look at what kinda shape its in and then bring it down for you sometime...Let me know!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)