Love Does for Kids by Bob Goff (book review)

It's almost Christmas, I know - 7 days! - but I needed to let you know about this book. Bob Goff is a lawyer, an human rights activist, an author, and seems to be a really great guy. He loves Jesus, his wife Sweet Maria, and many many others. If you haven't read his first book, Love Does, get yourself to a bookstore or Amazon and purchase that (or do like I do and borrow from your local library). I haven't read his second book, Everybody Always, but I have no qualms in recommending it. Goff is a reputable person. Sweet Maria Goff (found under Maria Goff) also has a book I'm hoping to find under the tree this year, Love Lives Here. So now that you are fully understanding how much I enjoy reading the Goffs, let's introduce your kids.
image via BookLook
Bob Goff and his daughter, Lindsey Goff Viducich, have written Love Does for Kids. It's full of short stories (dare I say devotionals?) for kids that take them with the Goff family on adventures - riding a unicycle, meeting a prince, giving strangers your house key. I hesitate to call this book a devotional because you won't find verses taken out of context to fit the need of the little story. You won't find study questions or even a lot of Christianese. You will find funny, poignant stories that your kids will enjoy and laugh at - my 3-year-old daughter is always wanting me to read the book about the man. She means Bob. Apparently I didn't tell her the book title.

I dare to call this a devotional because Christ is in these stories. He is in the life of the Goff family. Love Does for Kids brings Christ to your family more naturally and in a way very familiar to Jesus - in the form of stories! I wish we would all talk more naturally about our Lord like this, as if we know Him rather than as if we are reading from a text. The stories are uplifting and funny and have a good lesson to learn, too.

If you're looking to fill a stocking or wrap a book this Christmas, I really encourage you to buy Love Does for Kids (or any of the other Goff books). This is a great book for young kids or older kids - my kids range from 5 months to 11 years.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and will differ from others' opinions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)