Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late by James MacDonald (book review)

Several years ago, my husband did this Bible study called "Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late" by James MacDonald. It was so good that he recommended for me and my Bible study group. What a convicting study!! I've struggled with complaining, covetous, and critical attitudes which are replaced with thankful, contented, and loving attitudes. I don't think I deal as much with a doubting attitude (replaced with an attitude of faith) but the three wilderness attitudes are enough to deal with. 

While the study was so good and I learned a whole lot, I still find myself struggling with those same attitudes probably 4-5 years later. And sometimes struggles seem to cycle them selves. So, I decided to read "Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late" by James MacDonald in book form. 

image via amazon.com

You really find the same material in book form as you do on the video and study guide so it's not like I was delving into unfamiliar territory with this book. But I found it to be a very helpful tool to help replace some of my attitudes they have snapped back into my life.

I know the attitudes are so important as I see that play out in my children. My attitudes affect them, their attitudes affect me. I see the harm of attitudes that look like mine in their lives. I see the harm of those same attitudes in my life. And so, every day, we need to make a choice of how to handle our attitudes. They are a choice.

I can complain with the best of them, But what does that get me? Nothing but more complaining and a bitter heart. But thankfulness can lift my eyes to the provision of God in my life. You can help me see circumstances in a new light so that I can be more content were able to see solutions. 

When I find myself criticizing other people, I have to ask the purpose of that. Is it to raise myself up? It sure doesn't draw me closer to the Lord or other people. I feel like it breaks with Jesus claimed as the two most important commandments, love God and love others.

I'm ready to use the tools of putting off my old self and putting on my new self in Christ as I navigate my attitudes!

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)