Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids about God and Science by Louie Giglio (book review)

Squirt, my 8-year-old son, loves science. He wants to be a scientist when he grows up, we do science experiments when I have all the ingredients, and he (usually) listens when I tell him something science-related. I thought of him immediately when I got the chance to read "Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science" by Louie Giglio. It is based on his popular messages "Indescribable" and "How Great is Our God."

image via BookLook

I am all about mixing my kids' interests and God. Anything to draw them closer to Him and teach them more about Him. "Indescribable" did not disappoint. The devotions were just over a page each with a "Be Amazed" fact portion about something science related (dinosaurs or weird sea creatures).

I'm always amazed when I go outside at night (or very early morning) to see the stars. I just cannot comprehend how that could be random; it's too beautiful, too perfect, too created. Our Creator did create the heavens and the earth. So much of our surroundings reflect Him, if only we choose to see Him. "Indescribable" allows me to show my kids more of God's creativity and orderliness of our world. Any chance to show my kids more about the Creator, the better.

Unfortunately for me, my two-year-old went and hid this book somewhere so I need to scour the house for it this week so we can keep reading! Or I can always purchase it here and help support my favorite seminary, EBS in Haiti.

Disclaimer: I was given this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may vary from my own. The link included in this goes to AmazonSmile which helps support my favorite seminary, Emmaus Biblical Seminary in Haiti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)