The Man Who Invented Christmas (movie trailer)

I know, I know. It's not even Halloween; how can I be talking about Christmas? Well, simply put, I heard about a fabulous movie coming out called "The Man Who Invented Christmas." 
image via Grace Hill Media

I can't say I agree with the title of the movie (Christmas is really about Christ's birth) but I really enjoy most any re-telling of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" (Kermit the Frog, Mickey Mouse, even Jim Carrey) and this movie is based on the true story of Dickens writing that very book! Starring Christopher Plummer (Captain Von Trapp from "The Sound of Music," the Narrator in the Madeline tv series, and the voice of Charles Muntz from "Up"), "The Man Who Invented Christmas" comes out Friday, November 22 - just in time for Christmas (and the birthday of both my sister and a dear friend).

Reading about how Charles Dickens mixed real life inspirations with his vivid imagination reminds me very much of "Finding Neverland" with Johnny Depp about playwright J.M. Barrie's creation of "Peter Pan." I'm not sure if this movie will entail as much imagination as "Finding Neverland," but the trailer makes it look excellent. You can see for yourself below.


Disclaimer: I received this information in return for my post. I received no other compensation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)