When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner (book review; children's)

My greatest desire would be to fulfill this Scripture: 
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Truly, the Lord has blessed me with my children and I try my very best to instill in them a love for the Lord. My hope is that this discipleship of my children will lead to their ownership in their faiths. That they may walk in the truth.

One way I've found necessary in our lives to teach them is through books. We are bookworms, my children and I (my husband has come very far in his non-reading ways lol). My boys naturally lounge with a book daily. Even Princess, as small as she is, likes to be read to. One of her first words was "buh" which means "book." She is quite violent in placing them on your lap for you to read to her but it's with a good heart, a bookworm heart.
image via amazon.com

I love to have books that speak of God. Our favorites include "Look What God Made," "God Loves You More Than That," and "Captain Sun" comics. Another I've added to our list is "When God Made You" by Matthew Paul Turner

Children naturally like to hear about themselves so this book really reaches them on that intimate level. When God made you, He made you wonderful. My favorite line from the book is,

"Out of billions of faces from cultures, all races, 
people God made, from all different places,
God knew your name. Your picture is framed.
God's family without you would not be the same."

What a lovely picture of our Father's love for us. I greatly appreciate how "When God Made You," Turner really affirms God's love for us, his children. It's a lovely word picture written in a lyrical manner. 
image via patheos.com
The illustrations are gorgeous. Very colorful, bright, artistic. The illustrator is David Catrow. He has a fine attention to detail with textures on the walls, the main character's curls, the fur on animals. The illustrations are just lovely to look at; they will keep your children's attentions.

This book is currently on the Amazon Best Seller list and is thus back ordered. They will have more soon, but in the meantime, feel free to purchase it from Walmart.com.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from others' opinions.

Comments

Brittany A said…
I've heard so much about this book lately. You've convinced me to get it now! I think it will make a great gift for my kids for Easter!!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)