Christmas

Christmas is a time of joy for my family. We love the music (Pentatonix Christmas is our favorite this year), the lights, the food, the cookies, the movies, the atmosphere. But Christmas is so much more for us. 

image via here
I often forget that it's about more. I can get caught up in the hustle and bustle as much as the next person. But when I slow down, I can remember the real reason - Emmanuel. God with us.

God the Son came to earth, born of a virgin, born in a stable. He came to be with us. He came to lead us, love us, and die for us. 

Without Jesus, Christmas is bland. Gifts will break and be forgotten. Food will leave you too full and uncomfortable. Lights will be taken down, trees put away. But Christ is still Emmanuel. 

This is a time to put aside our differences and love like He loved us. This is a time to count our blessings, one by one, to remember how He has been with us (even in those really hard times). This is the time to celebrate His birth! This is a time to give gifts, remembering the greatest gift of all came wrapped in swaddling cloths. 

That's what Christmas means to me (wait, does that sound like a school essay? oops!). 

Also, if you're looking for gifts still, two great faith-based films release on DVD on Tuesday, December 20th: "Hillsong - Let Hope Rise" and "Greater." I'll share clips below from both. I think you'll like them.





Disclaimer: I received a gift card for myself and one for someone else in exchange for writing this post. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)