Vive Health - Balance Disc review

I have had a bulging disc in my back since April and that stinks. It hurts every day - mostly in my lower back and hip. I haven't been able to run since May. I walk almost every day but it's hard; today I didn't think I'd make it back home.

Please don't take this as whining; I really have been accepting this, even when it's hard. I've also been proactive with my health. I've done chiropractic work, PT, exercise, stretching, and I have an appointment for a cortisone shot. And, when I had a shot to try a balance disc from Vive Health, I took it. At the time, I thought it would be to do core exercises but exercise of any kind irritates my back even more so that was out. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do a review but then I started to use the disc to sit on and stand on.
image via Vive Health
I sit on the disc every day. I sat on it while we traveled to my sister's wedding. I sat on it while we prepped for the wedding. I sat on it at the wedding reception. And my back felt better. Only when I was sitting on it but I will take any relief I can get. I also took it to a women's conference I attended last weekend - and my friends named it Pat.

The disc is 12.5" by 12.5" and has little nubs that make it so it doesn't slide out from under you. My older son has autism and really likes to lay on the nubby part. I guess it's good for sensory input.

When I stand in the kitchen to cook, I stand on the disc. It's a core workout (not as good as I've had but better than nothing). It helps alleviate the pain mostly and that's what I'm looking for right now. I really like that the balance disc is inflatable (came with a pump and needle). I can deflate it and it almost fits in one of my larger purses (almost).

Disclaimer: I received this balance disc in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)