Me: A Compendium by the Wee Society (book review)

My middle son always complains that I always get books for myself and never for them. He doesn't know that I am usually on the lookout for books for them, but the opportunity for adult books comes up more frequently than child books.


image via Blogging for Books

I love this sweet, sensitive boy!
I was thrilled when I had the opportunity to get him "Me: A Compendium" by the Wee Society. I had to look up what a compendium was – a collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject, especially in a book or other publication. To me it just seemed like a fill-in journal. I knew my son would love it!
(but I have not watched it) LOL

He started to fill it out immediately. I thought he would color it more and add more color but he insisted on using this new pen that he had gotten his school. He did a wonderful job of filling everything out. He only asked for help a few times on spelling. You probably should've asked a few more times. Ha ha

I love the different aspects in this book that allow him to draw and share things about himself and just give insight. I love the creativity put behind this book but also the creativity that it allows. Drawing how he looked as a baby and how he'll look when he's 50, if you have a band  what was the name of it B, his favorite animal the room of his dreams top secret spy name favorite thing to do inside and out. So much is in the small book.
I don't think we talk allllll day...but sometimes we do experiments. I love 2nd grade spelling.
because I would never attack anyone...especially not with pool noodle light sabers...

I think that "Me: A Compendium" would be a wonderful book for boys or girls, anyone who likes to write or draw or express themselves. It would be wonderful if you have a very quiet child who doesn't share much about themselves to share more. I believe that it is more suited toward smaller children, ages 6 to 10, but I'm sure that varies with each child. It would be fun to see this in an adult version as well. 

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. I also received permission from my son to share about his book. Others' opinions may differ from mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)