Can I really know Jesus? (101 questions and answers about Jesus, salvation, and prayer) by Carolyn Larsen

I am always on the lookout for books that can strengthen the faith of my children. What I've often found is that through strengthening their faith, mine is as well. "Can I Really Jnow Jesus?" by Carolyn Larsen is one of those books that is easily read but is full of the right material.
image via me; I love how clearly the gospel is presented
Too often and I find that children's books are not deep enough to take our children from drinking spiritual milk to eating spiritual meet. I think that this is a book that bridges that gap. It is split into three parts: questions and answers about Jesus, questions and answers about salvation, and questions and answers about prayer.

I like this book is factual and when it can use history to cement the Bible, it does. One question is "how can we know Jesus really existed?" and the book says, "the Bible, of course, tells us that Jesus existed as a human on earth." Then it goes on to tell about a Jewish historian name Josephus who wrote about the choose from Adam to the time of the Roman empire a Nero and he mentioned Jesus three times. History is fascinating to me and even more so when it comes alongside my faith.

Another format of the book that I like is that it each page concludes with a verse of Scripture. It's all fine and dandy to have the questions about Jesus, salvation, and prayer but if our answers are not rooted in scripture then they are not rooted in truth.

My only dislike of this book is that the graphics and illustrations are very girly. Not that I'm against a girly book but I could see that being something that could turn a boy off from this book. And the material is not geared toward male or female but the graphics make it so.

I could see myself reading this to my boys one question at a time, really getting deep into the heart of their questions about these topics. I love when my boys can really open up about their faith and I believe that "Can I Really Know Jesus?" can help them open up to me.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions of the book and its content may differ from my own.

Attachments area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)