Whatever is Lovely: A Coloring Book for Reflection & Worship (book review)

Adult coloring is all the rage right now but why? Because who doesn't remember coloring as a kid? Maybe it wasn't your favorite thing (although I remember enjoying it), but we all did it in preschool, kindergarten and beyond. I personally remember coloring in high school and college. 
image via WaterBrook Multnomah

"Whatever is Lovely: A Coloring Book for Reflection and Worship" is not my first coloring book as an adult. I did one review over another and a friend bought me one. However, "Whatever is Lovely" is my favorite! Why, you ask? Because of the encouragement I get from the Scripture in it and quotes from some of my favorite authors (Emily P. Freeman's book "Simply Tuesday" is awesome!). And these are picture I could hang up in my home! Not Avengers and Batman or Hello Kitty (nothing wrong with those if you wish to hang them up in your house either, just to each your own). 

I will admit, I don't have a lot of time to color. I did get one glorious nap time where I got to finish this lovely picture! I was inspired with the colors by a friend and her upcoming wedding. 



However, mostly I will pick my colors and then set them aside on my coffee table. Then when I get an extra minute or two, I fill in part of the picture. This beautiful one took me several days to get done (several days over a few weeks!). I love the beauty in the art. It's so beautiful and I don't have the artistic talent to draw something like this but I can still make it beautiful just by coloring.


So, if you enjoy coloring, take the time to do it! It really is a lot of fun. And I'm looking forward to coloring with this little pumpkin in the near-ish future. 

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)