101 Conversation Starters for Families by Gary Chapman and Ramon Presson (book review)

I really like to talk. It can alleviate awkwardness, draw people closer, find common ground. However much I like to talk, I'm not great at starting a conversation or holding one on my own. Therefore, I appreciate books like "101 Conversation Starters for Families" by Gary Chapman and Ramon Presson.
image via amazon.com
I've tried to use these questions at supper time when conversation beyond "how was your day" or highs/lows wanes. Which, at our house, is often, to be honest. We have one who is not much of a conversationalist most times and one who is more often than not pouting and one who is still learning the art of babbling.

I really like questions that dig into people - who are they, what do they love. There are some of those questions in here and some other, fluffy ones that also can help look into one's being:

- If you had a magic wand and could change anything in your life right now, what would it be? (our pouty guy actually said his bad attitude. ha!)

- What is something that would be hard for you to share?

- What is your favorite television commercial? (I know my kids would say Puppymonkeybaby)

- Recall a time when you were really embarrassed.

And many more. There are 101 in here, as the title says! That's 101 conversations you can start with your family. I think it's just amazing what you can learn about your children or spouse or friends when you just ask random questions. I have a few girl friends who are really good about random question-asking. Now I can be too (if I remember any of them off the top of my head).

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from others' opinions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)