Apartment Therapy: Complete + Happy Home by Maxwell Ryan and Janel Laban (book review)

I love getting inspiration to decorate my house. It is not a natural inclination of mine but I enjoy HGTV shows and books about decor. I like to look around my friend's houses even. So I thought I'd enjoy "Apartment Therapy: Complete + Happy Home" by Maxwell Ryan and Janel Laban.


What I did like: I liked the clear pictures in the book. There are some funky designs and layouts. I did get some interesting ideas. But this is not just a pretty book to look at. There are practical tips, too, on flooring, color, lighting, plants, cleaning, repairs. This is a great book. I plan to follow their cleaning schedule (monthly) this next year. Hopefully.

What I didn't like: I did not like that all of the pictures of real homes looked like magazine homes. The layouts of the homes themselves are not anything like my home or my friends' houses. For once I'd like to see...I don't know, something more real. Not the mess of our homes but real decor. Maybe because most of these pictures and families are not from the Midwest. Maybe coastal homes are stranger/eclectic. I don't know.

Just not what I was looking for.

Disclaimer: I received this book in return for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not agree with them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)