Once A-Day Devotional: Nurturing Great Kids by Dan Seaborn (book review)

Devotionals are a wonderful way to start my day, reaching out to the Lord in thought and prayer, getting insight from seasoned Christians in areas like parenting, marriage, or life. I had high hopes for this "Once A-Day Devotional: Nurturing Great Kids" by Dan Seaborn devotional. It just did not meet my needs. 
image via amazon.com

The devotional itself is set up nicely. You can use it chronologically or whenever you want (has dates and Day 1, Day 5, etc). There's a Scripture verse at the start to tie in the lesson, then the lesson, a parenting principle, and points to ponder. These are half-page devotionals so they take no more time than to eat your cereal in the morning.

I just did not feel like there was much depth to these devotionals. For another season in my life, they may have been great. Just for now, though, I'm looking for more than what seems like common sensical lessons. I also greatly wanted more Scripture than just one verse at a time. 

For a newer Christian or one in a very difficult time that can make deeper issues hard to divulge in, this devotional could be wonderful. There's nothing wrong with it, it is just not what I was looking for. 

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)