The Desire by Dan Walsh & Gary Smalley (book review)

"The Desire" by Dan Walsh & Gary Smalley isn't a book I'd normally read. I don't read a lot of fiction, but something drew me to this particular book. I'm very glad it did because I couldn't put it down.

The premise of the book is that Allan and Michele have been trying to have a baby for over a year and it's been really hard on them emotionally. Michele wants to further researching infertility treatments while Allan doesn't even realize how big of a problem this is and chooses to focus his time (and funds) on mission trips in Africa.

image via Amazon
The plot of this book intertwines other plots from the Restoration series by Walsh and Smalley. The good news is that you needn't read the other books to read this book; it stands on its own well enough. I hadn't read the other books either, but I'd really like to sometime.

This book is not just about Michele and Allan but about a girl named Christina who is pregnant out of wedlock and has a decision to make. It's an interesting look into the life of a woman going through that process; most of the time we hear about the adoptive parents or even adoptive child's perspective but I've never read anything from the biological mother's view.

"The Desire" is just a beautiful look at Christ's love for us all, how God's plan can really veer away from our plans, and how we need to react to such plans. The only part I really disliked about this was that the Christians in the book lived in an affluent community, which I think perpetuates the idea (especially outside America) that Christians are all really rich. Not all are.

You can find "The Desire" on Amazon.

Disclaimer: I receive this book in order to write an honest review. Other opinions may differ from mine but these are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)