Get to Know Apostle Paul by Nancy I. Sanders (book review)

I'll be honest. I don't read my kids a lot of non-fiction books for one simple reason - they are boring! This includes books on cars or plants or animals or biographies. Our ratio is probably 20:1, the one being the non-fiction we read. Not that I don't like information. I really do, but fiction books provide a LOT of information, just in a more fun way. So I was leery of this biography on Paul: "Get to Know Apostle Paul." I also know my kids needed to hear more about the lives of people they read about in the Bible (or we read to them from the Bible about).

picture via BookLook
My kids are not so keen on chapter books, no matter how many times I explain you don't read a chapter book in one sitting (unless you're their mama). But we have both been pleasantly surprised by this "Get to Know Apostle Paul." It's taken us awhile to get through because we only read 1/2 - 1 chapter a night (we average 3 books at night so sometimes we read bits and pieces of larger books).

I love the pictures in the book: paintings, graphics, pictures of archeology. They are beautifully reproduced in this book. I love the definitions of big words and phrases: false teachers, Sabbath, conversion, Good News. It simplifies it for children without dumbing it down. There are boxes with "Did You Know?" facts, "Eyewitness Accounts," and "Bible Hero" information (can you guess our favorite?).

This is a very informative book that breaks up Paul's life prior to conversion, his life-changing walk to Damascus, his life after encountering Christ, all the way to his death. I even love the fonts in this book. They aren't hard to read, they are clear and fun.

If you want your children to go deeper into the lives of Paul, Jesus, or Mary (those are the 3 in this series I know of; there may be more or more on the way?), please check out this "Get to Know" series.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. My opinions are my own and others may or may not agree with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)