Twirl by Patsy Clairmont (book review)

I've heard Patsy Clairmont a few times as a speaker at Women of Faith. She is a petite thing of a woman with such a great laugh and a big ol' funny bone. I enjoyed listening to her so much, I decided to read her book, "Twirl."
image via BookLook
Going along with my theme of rest lately, the back copy print says "Is life making you so dizzy that you'r forgetting what's most important?" I can't say I have forgotten (except in certain moments on certain days) but it's dizzying. You always think that life is busy and it'll slow down but I have yet to see that.

And so what do we do? Do we continue on without a bit of rest? I think Clairmont's book has helped point me (and can help you) in a few directions of finding rest within our busy lives. The book is set up in small chunks that don't need to be read in any certain order, which I like. The chapters don't really have much in common except trying to find something that God can use in your life to help you stop being so dizzy.

Some of the chapter titles are "More," "Read," "Laugh," "Pen," "Art," "Verily," "Bubbles," "Cuddle," and "Edit." There are many more but these are some that really spoke to me. Read is about reading, of course, and I love to read or I wouldn't write so many reviews on here. I always can use more laughter in my life, even if it's just watching an episode of "America's Funniest Videos" with my family or watching my sons be silly. I have always wanted to be an author and I don't know if I have the chops but I sure would love to try it. I loved the "Verily" chapter which was about poetry. I don't try my hand at poetry much (usually only for school projects) but since reading this chapter, I've written a few that I kind of like.

I used Clairmont's advice in her "Bubbles" chapter just last night when I took a long soak in the tub. I wasn't feeling well due to sinuses and this helped me feel so much better. I realized the need for that quiet soak probably once a week. I'm excited to add this to my life.

I'm thankful I read this book so I can add - not more to my schedule but make room for more in my life. More writing, more editing (of mouth and word), more bubbles, more laughter, more trees and flowers. More of the Lord and the good things He has planned for me.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may or may not have the same opinions, but my opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)