The Hungry Girl Diet by Lisa Lillien (book review)

I was really interested in The Hungry Girl's new book, "The Hungry Girl Diet" until I read through it. I realized that I would not be able to make this diet work for me. It's only a 4-week jump start plan, not a long-term plan (which is good because diets are not sustainable in my opinion). However, there are so many of the recipes that I wouldn't be able to make, mostly due to the lack of ingredients. I live in a smaller town and our grocery store is great, but it still doesn't have some of these ingredients or if it does, my budget won't allow for those things.

image via the Hungry Girl website

I have a hard time accepting that we have to spend an arm and a leg to afford to eat healthy. And so I will continue to stick to my own diet of watching proportions and moderation. I think that I will use some of "The Hungry Girl Diet" recipes when I can adapt them to my real life. I will also continue to follow Lillien on her website.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may or may not share my opinions but they are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)