The Redcoats are Coming! by Marianne Hering and Nancy I. Sanders (an Imagination Station book review)

I'd never read anything about Adventures in Odyssey or listened to the program before reading "The Redcoats are Coming!" by Marianne Hering and Nancy I. Sanders. I plan to now. It seems like a really neat concept to teach children history and how that history ties in with our Christian faith.

In this book, cousins Patrick and Beth go back to the turmoil leading up to the Revolutionary War. They must complete this mission: get a letter to Paul Revere. I learned about the codes used by Patriots to gain trust and musket balls. The cousins met all sorts of famous patriots: John Hancock and Samuel Adams. But do they get the letter to Revere??? I guess you'll have to read to find out.

I will probably try out some of the Adventures in Odyssey programs by borrowing them from our local library before buying them, but when my kids get more into chapter books, I plan on getting some of these Imagination Station books. They are easy to read with historical concepts that they will learn in school but more in depth so they can tie them to our faith (for example, how our Founding Fathers voted on a day of prayer, meaning prayer was that important in the early stages of this country).

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may not share my opinions but they are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)