prayer request

This may seem like a silly prayer request - praying for my foot - but it's kind of a big deal to me. Never would I think to pray to be able to run before I started 3 years ago. I would have prayed to get sick or hurt or for a train to stop my run or weather.

But if you could lift up my foot, I'd appreciate it. I started on a run yesterday and I was maybe a block from our house and my right foot on the outside started to hurt. I was wearing my older shoes so I thought maybe it was a muscle that was tight or the shoes had gone bad (magically), so I went home to stretch my foot and switch shoes. I started out in my newer shoes....didn't even make it half a block before turning around.

Once I was off of my feet, my foot didn't hurt so I hope rest helps. Then I woke up this morning and it hurts, not as severely as when I run, but when I walk there's still a twinge of pain. Even as I'm sitting here, I can feel it - it doesn't hurt but I'm aware of it.

Not that being injured is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but running helps keep my days in order. It helps my sanity, helps me order my thoughts, helps me rely on God (how else does one run?). And my upcoming marathon is really important for me to be able to say "look what God did." So being injured in my little world would not be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)