Cadaver Blues by J.E. Fishman (book review)

*sigh* I've been dragging my feet about writing this review. I thought it looked like an interesting premise and the name caught my attention. I was wrong. Cadaver Blues by J.E. Fishman was nothing like I would like to read.

I will be honest that I only got to the end of chapter 40. Until that point, I had overlooked some phrases and words that I don't normally allow in books I read. Mostly sexual innuendos or openly sexual comments. I don't think I realized the secular nature of this book, not that I don't read secular books but not ones like this. So I stopped reading because I strongly believe that what you put in your body via music, books, movies, etc, naturally overflows into your life.

I thought this was a SLOOOOOW book, also. I'm at chapter 40 and nothing had really happened with the main plot. Whoa. I disliked the main character, Phuoc Goldberg - I thought he was rude and distasteful. I felt like Mindy was an unbelievable character; she felt too naive, too trusting. She dressed provocatively but wasn't aware of it? Not a chance. Women pick their clothing carefully, even if they "don't care" they choose to dress like that.

I'm sorry this isn't much of a review. I don't recommend this book. I couldn't even tell you if it's a murder mystery, a thriller, or anything because it moved so slow you can't tell. Sorry Mr. Fishman, I did not find your book appealing or excellent or fresh or exciting like the reviewers state on the back of the book.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may or may not have the same experiences with the book and/or company as I've had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)