running update

I realize I haven't really posted about running much lately (after I sucked it up writing 30 posts in 30 days about fitness haha). Running is going extremely well. I've been running 4 days a week, trying to do another workout at least 2 times a week, and playing in a volleyball league (that ends tonight, sad).

We've had some beautiful weather up until this weekend (even this isn't bad though) here in Kansas. Last week I was running in a tank top and capris! I'll have to start hitting the treadmill here soon more often, which is sad but I'm hoping some audio books will pump me through the winter blues.

My left toe was hurt last April/May and I took time off. I think I'm up to a decent level of fitness and endurance. I haven't ran over 6 miles since then because 1) no reason and 2) now my shoes are getting worn out. I've actually gotten just over 300 miles on this pair of Nike Pegasus +28. I tried a pair of Brooks Pure Cadence but they killed my toe/back/knee. Felt like they were worn out. So I've ordered a pair of Asics 2170; they could be here as early as Wednesday or as late as December 4.

I am going to register for a full marathon on December 1. I'm nervous and excited! I have two friends who have ran full marathons recently who started running in the same time frame as me, so I'm jealous of their achievements (and super happy for their accomplishments). I'm ready to join them in the 26.2.

That's really all I have to say. I still love running! I am going to do the (at least) one mile at day challenge from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day (although I didn't run at all the day after Thanksgiving but did yoga. I just forgot). :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)