campusbookrentals.com

I remember all too well dropping hundreds of dollars on books each semester while in college. And the buy back at the end of each semester was always such a let down! You hardly got even 1/4 of your money back AND had to buy MORE books. Anyway, it's a stretch for most college students to afford the books. A few years back (of course, after I collected my precious BA), I remember hearing that you could now rent your textbooks! What?! While you wouldn't want to rent all of your textbooks...or maybe just us super geeky people wouldn't want to rent all of them, you very well can.

Campusbookrentals.com is such a place that you can rent your books. Get ready for this statistic: you can save 40%-90% off of bookstore prices! Whoa! I would have gladly saved that much going to school to spend on pizza or a movie or shoes. Not only the savings but FREE shipping BOTH WAYS! Free! Every college student (and parent of said college student) loves freebies. That's a big one; sometimes shipping, especially on books even with media mail, can be very pricey (I just shipped books today, so trust me on that one). You can also save more money with their refer-a-friend program! 

One thing I thought of as a downside to renting is the highlighting. I love my highlighters and little notes in the margins. You can highlight in the books from campusbookrentals.com. They also have flexible renting periods so if you're taking an 8 week class, it fits your schedule rather than waiting another 8 weeks for book buy back. And 30 day risk-free trial period, so if you really need to drop that Shakespeare class with that super intimidating professor (true story), you can still get your money back on your book(s).

My favorite thing about campusbookrentals.com is that they donate to Operation Smile with every textbook rented. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Operation Smile but it's this international medical charity that helps children in foreign countries who are born with clefts (which make it hard to eat, drink, speak, smile - they are often shunned in such communities). "through the help of dedicated medical volunteers — has provided more than 3.5 million comprehensive patient evaluations and over 200,000 free surgeries for children and young adults born with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities." Amazing, right? So buy your textbooks here and help change the life of someone else! 

Still not sure? Check out this Campus Book Rentals FAQ video (and be ready to laugh):



I know you students (and parents) are still gearing up for finals but they will be here soon. And you don't have to take out another mortgage or loan to pay for books this coming semester. Check out campusbookrentals.com.

Disclaimer: I received compensation to write this review. However, all opinions are my own. I really wish I could have rented textbooks in college. Others may or may not have great experiences with this company and/or its products. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)