31 days of fitness: Day 2

We live in a super busy world. We have super busy lives. And it's not only our lives we generally have to schedule around, but if you have kids, they have schedules! It's virtually impossible to really get into your health and fitness without scheduling it.

I keep many calendars: I have a regular calendar, a planner calendar, a birthday calendar, a fitness planning calendar, and then my calendar where I record what I actually did fitness-wise. Oh, and my boys' calendar and my phone calendar. Phew! I like lists, I like planning, I like organization. Perhaps you can do with less. You probably should. I might have a problem with calendars.

Regardless, it helps me to plan my day and week. If I don't specifically schedule workouts, they won't happen. Yesterday, I slept in. So I had 3 hours while my younger son is as preschool to run. I didn't do any other workout yesterday because I'd been sick all weekend and my lungs needed the rest. Today, I know that I have to be in the shower at least by 10:30 (10:15 if I want to shave my legs). My husband had Bible study this morning so on Tuesdays I have again those 3 hours of preschool to workout.

After I finish writing this post, I will lace up my shoes, turn on my Netflix show, and do a fitness workout. I usually pull workouts from Pinterest; so far they've been really good. If I didn't do this, I would use a Jillian Michaels DVD to kick my rear into gear. And then I have a 3 mile run planned, too. Tonight at 8pm I'm meeting with a friend for a walk. That's my fitness for today.

So when will you workout today? Tomorrow? Make a date with yourself. If you need to, make a date with a friend. But you can't always rely on someone else's schedule so keep your own date regardless!

Tomorrow: food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)