10 Running-Related Personal Questions


Over at Another Mother Run blog, they have revived the "things to know about you" memos that were all the rage awhile back (a few years ago?) although some linger on via Facebook and such. This one is running related.
1. Best run ever: Wow, SBS had a specific run in mind. My memory isn't that great, but I really enjoyed the long training runs with my husband back in 2010 while gearing up for our first half. The runs themselves weren't that great - we never broke 10 miles - but the company was fantastic (my sons and husband).
2. Three words that describe my running: Necessary. Spirit-lifting. Freeing.
3. My go-to running outfit is: A pair of running shorts and a tank top. I prefer tank tops; I don't really like sleeves on my arms. I'd rather wear arm warmers (a pair of my husband's socks cut off).
4. Quirky habit while running: I laugh out loud to whatever I'm listening to (Born to Run right now). I try not to dance but if I'm listening to music, I'll sing out loud sometimes.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Whenever I can fit it in. Never midday, though.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Extremely cold. I don't have any cold-weather gear so I'm stuck on the 'mill.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Metatarsalgia. Chiropractic work (my chiropractor does sports medicine stuff, too) and taking time completely off from running helped. So did new shoes. I did develop Plantar fasciitis while taking time off because I wore crappy flimsy flip flops (warning to all of you!). That's ok as long as I wear shoes with solid bottoms.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I finished my first half marathon in 2010. It was amazing - my family watching, my husband running, 50 pounds behind me. Amazing.
9. Next race is: I don't know. Perhaps the Lincoln full marathon. I have nothing in the near future.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Full marathon - 26.2 finally. God willing.
I tag Nicole, Shelly, and Jen.

Comments

I love that you laugh out loud. That is probably better than my singing and talking out loud while I run. Drives people crazy.

In VA I am not really into my tank tops. Before I often wore more tees. I think it's just the heat.



Thanks for the tag! I'll play along.
betty said…
Chiropractors certainly are a boon to runners like you. Lots of sports enthusiasts already have their regular schedule of chiropractor visits. You should, too. Good luck to your running goals.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)