Stained Glass Hearts by Patsy Clairmont (review)

Back in August, I had the opportunity to attend the Women of Faith conference (read more about my experience here). Patsy Clairmont has been a speaker for this women's conference for many years and she was a keynote speaker for this event, too.

Much of Patsy's talks for this event stemmed from her new book, "Stained Glass Hearts," in which she she writes about "seeing life from a broken perspective." I'll admit, I was prepared for a more lighthearted, witty commentary from this woman whose petite stature doesn't compare to her large sense of humor. However, once I got into the book it was definitely a good experience.

Throughout the book, there were references to stained glass alongside the insights from Patsy's walking with God. Following each chapter was The Art Gallery where Patsy shared some inspiring quotes, songs, pictures, museums, etc that fit into each chapter.


This book was not what I was looking for. I wanted a deeper book and this was very shallow. I didn't feel I was any closer to the Lord after reading it. Maybe that's because, after attending the conference, Patsy had covered many of the things she spoke of in the book.

However, new Christians may benefit from Patsy's book. When I read a Christian book like this, I expect to be challenged, to really look inside myself and come out with a closer walk with Jesus. That didn't happen for me after reading this, unfortunately. Patsy is still a wonderful speaker and author; this just wasn't the book for me.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Book Sneeze in return for an honest review. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) I have had with the book and/or publisher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)