Running Meme

When I read this runner's survey on Run with Jess, I wanted to participate and I'd love for you to fill it out yourself... so I can learn more about you too!


What is your favorite type of cross training? 
Jillian Michaels DVDs. I'd love to try spinning or a kickboxing class, but our town doesn't seem to have those options. So I'll stick with Jillian (at least I will when my wrist stops hurting. I think I minorly sprained it doing a back bend while watching Biggest Loser - thanks a lot Hannah! And Jillian does everything in plank so it'd be hard to do without your wrist feeling well).

What is your favorite song to run to? 
I love me some Pink!!

What brand of shoes do you wear? 
I wear Nikes but I'd love to try Asics, Saucony, Brooks...or Vibrams

Do you wear a hat when you run? 
No. I don't even own a hat. Well, ok I own one but I don't ever wear it. I wish I had more hats. I wouldn't wear them to run - too hot and sweaty. I like my Bondi Bands.

What temperature is your favorite for running? 
60 degrees is my favorite temperature of all time.

Do you have any big races coming up? 
June 12 - Buffalo County Stampede Half Marathon

July 2 - Firecracker 5K 

What is your favorite distance? 
I think I would like 10K the best. Not sure. Never ran one. ha! But I also like 13.1

Are you a morning, noon or evening runner? 
I'm going to start having to become a morning runner with the temps getting hotter. But usually I run in the evening around 5. My husband works out in the morning.

Do you run solo or with a buddy? 
Usually solo. I had a friend I was running with but she wasn't wanting to go for 5 milers.
  
What's your favorite post run snack? 
Bananas.  Chocolate Milk (although I usually don't have chocolate milk bc I'm too lazy to mix it LOL).



What's your FAVORITE race?  I haven't raced enough to know. I'd love to try a trail run sometime. Or a run that's crazy with costumes. Or a obstacle course one.

Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your runs? Please, that's expensive. I have a handy calendar that I plan runs/workouts on - time and what it was. Then I also use dailymile.

What is your least favorite race?
I haven't had a least favorite one yet. At least not one I've HATED.

What race is your favorite medal from?   Omaha Half Marathon we ran last year was the only medal I have. I really like it because it's blown glass so it's completely unique. I'd really like to run the full marathon sometime because their glass medals are colored. And with both you have them handed to you by a Marine in their dress uniform.

Who is your running idol? 
Kara Goucher is definitely up there. I haven't followed running except recently but she's amazing how she ran through her pregnancy and is doing so well coming back from that. Definitely an example for any running mother (although we do have to remember that she runs as a living...)

How long have you been a runner? 
Since January or February 2010 so just over 1 year :D

Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on? 
I don't because with the weight I've lost, my ring is too big and I don't want to lose it. :( I will when I get it re-sized though.

What's your favorite workout? repeats? long runs? tempo? fartleks?  
Long runs, I guess. I haven't done a lot of the other workouts. I do like sprints though.

Comments

Shell said…
I do love my Saucony shoes!

Though, I'm not much of a runner. I'd love to do the Disney Princess run, though. Just to get all dressed up. :)

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)