Rapture Saturday

Alright, I'm writing this on Wednesday, May 18 (for future reference). I feel I must address this Rapture Saturday. I consider this nonsense. I'm not saying that Christ's Second Coming CAN'T happen on Saturday, May 21. It could, it could come whenever God wanted it to come. However, I don't believe that humans can know this date.

Scripture vehemently says (in numerous places...that I can find for you on request) Revelation 3:3 (NIV) "Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

How this group of Christians came about to May 21 can be found on their website; I will warn you that I found it all to be mumbo jumbo and that they've created mathematical equations to support their theory. The website doesn't specify how they know the date of the Crucifixion but just claims it to be proved prior to this. I've never heard an actual date attached to this very important event. 

I think the date of Christ's return is not essential to faith. That Revelation verse I used says "if you do not wake up" which means if you're not saved (believing that Christ is God's Son sent to earth to die upon the cross for our sins). I don't know if that means that if we're saved, we could possibly know the date...I don't believe so. I believe that Matthew 24:36 says that we cannot know the date: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." This group of Christians (not sure if that needs "" or not) says that Christ knows the date - but the Scriptures say He does not! In our Sunday School, we've been talking about how to tell false teachings and one of the biggest things is that the "teacher" goes against what the Bible says. Well, this goes against what the Bible says!

2 Peter 3:8-14 really tells about these end times:
 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]
 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[b] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
 14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

So regardless of whether Christ comes back now (...) or tomorrow or Saturday, next week, next month, 10 years from now, we are not to put our hopes on that alone. We are to live godly lives, repenting of our sins and putting our trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior and the payer of our debt! We are to do that today out of faith, not out of a scare tactic. There is no "fire insurance" - your faith must be true and real and heartfelt. The group behind this May 21st stuff also said that those who don't believe that the coming is on Saturday won't be saved because of their "faithlessness" - God is not a god to go back on His Word. He said that if we believe in His Son, that He paid the price on the cross for our sins, we will be saved! Not that we won't be saved if we don't believe every rapture prophecy we hear.

Like I said, I'm writing this on Wednesday, so I guess if you see this Saturday...we're still here and our hope is still in waiting for the Lord to return!

Comments

LOVE this post!!! I seriously was thinking (and saying) the same thing to everyone who tried to tell me judgement day was going to be today... no man knows!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)