Sweaty Bands (review)


When I'm running - or in the past when I played volleyball or softball - the last thing I wanted to worry about was my hair. Pony tails and braids are my choice (although less of the latter because I can't braid). However, sometimes I have layers cut in my hair (like now) when not all of my hair fits back into a pony tail holder.

Then I have the dreaded flyaways! If I don't hold them back with clips or bobby pins then they get in my face BUT clips & pins don't stay. And more annoying than flyaways is trying to fix my hair while running or playing sports. I wish I had known in my 14 year softball career about Sweaty Bands!

There are loads of headbands and other bands to hold back your hair online and in stores. However, a lot of them are sports-only headbands. They aren't cute (and often times not functional). I may be sweating while working out but I prefer to at least look a little bit girly! Sweaty Bands are a great combination of cute and function.


I was sent 2 sweaty bands to try out: thin and thick. Both designs are super cute as you can see - I've actually worn both while not working out! I have also worn them both while working out and I didn't have to fix my hair - not once (and I ran up to 6 miles with them). I appreciate that because I already have to mess with my headphones (looking into new ones) - ugh.

Personally, I preferred the thicker band (pink although you can get them in a variety of colors/designs) because of the length of my layers. The thinner band didn't quite keep them as glued to my head as I prefer (although with a bit of hairspray it does its job too). However, I like the thinner one more for fashion purposes - perhaps it's the thinness or the fun zebra stripe! Either way, both bands are really good.


With winter settling in, now is a great time to get a Sweaty Band for yourself. Perhaps you dread the treadmill as much as I do - this could be an incentive for you to get those indoor miles in! Or they would make a great stocking stuffer from Santa!

Please visit Sweaty Bands on their website & check out all of their fun designs you can get your band in. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter. Also if you want to win a pink Sweaty Band (like the one pictured here) head on over here before November 20.

Disclaimer: I received 2 Sweaty Bands in order to facilitate an honest review. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) I had with the company and/or product. I am also not affiliated with the blog hosting the giveaway - I just happened to come across it on Facebook and wanted to share with my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)