New Year's Eve Goal


I am going to run a 1/2 marathon on my treadmill! I do not like running on my treadmill SO I decided that I need a goal. While running 7 miles last night on my 'mill, it came to me: run a 1/2 marathon on New Year's Eve on the treadmill.

I'm actually really excited. It's quite the challenge! I plan to hook our VCR up so I can have a VHS movie play, then a DVD. It's not going to be a normal 1/2 where I try to run it as fast as possible. I plan to run it in 12-minute miles so it will take me much longer than my first 1/2, but I've given myself leeway on the treadmill. I don't need to go fast; I have no speed to prove. I just want this to be a challenge (and adding a time limit would be biting off more than I can chew).

What are your goals for the end of the year? It's not quite time for New Year's Resolutions but it's coming up and the best way to prep is to start planning now! 

Do you have problems on the treadmill too? Consider joining me on New Year's Eve in running 13.1 miles all on the 'mill! :)

Comments

Teamarcia said…
Interesting goal! It will build mental and physical endurance for sure!
My goal until the end of the year is to take a break from focusing on running performance and just run fro the sheer joy of it.
I'm challenged now reacclimating to TM running, but I know from experience I will adjust eventually.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)