full marathon? part dos

I never thought I'd see the day where I was choosing to make a decision between running 13.1 miles and 26.2 miles. Both sound a bit extreme and possibly slightly insane. But here I sit with my decision. I would like to run a GOOD half marathon before deciding about a full. By a good half, I mean not dying at mile 10. I want to finish strong and feel that I trained my best.

When I do decide about a full, I have thought through the training on that. I would do a 3-day schedule with some cross-training, too. Something like this (but not quite because I don't really want to do tempos); I also like the idea of doing 13 miles one long run, then taper the next long run. Back and forth so I can spend more time with my family. Because that's why I run, to be healthy for them (and me, of course).

Also, I realize I've been writing a LOT of reviews lately. I'm going to try to tone them down to a few per week along with my regular posts about motherhood, running, life. I just got bombarded by all of these reviews - which I'm not complaining about, I just needed to figure out how to schedule better. Thanks for reading them; I wouldn't try a product if I didn't think it would be good for you and me!

one of those awesome mom moments where you catch your kids SHARING!

Comments

Teamarcia said…
I think your plan to run a 'good' half before trying a full is very reasonable. And it'll make you that much stronger when you do go for the full.
Sounds like you have decided already to do a half and not a full marathon. I'm sure you know what fits best into your life.

I had never ran a half before I started doing fulls. In fact my longest long run was around 17 miles followed by 3 marathons (still some of my fastest one yet). Each runner gets there a different way, just enjoy the journey.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)