doubt

Genesis 3

The Fall of Man
 1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"  2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "
 4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Eve was deceived by the snake in this passage. He tempted her to look away from the Garden of Eden, her husband, and God; away from all the blessings God had given her. She began to doubt that God had given her what she needed and began to look at what He kept her from.

I've been looking at life this same way recently. I have been focused on the overwhelming things in life (like another speech evaluation and some other stuff I'm not ready to share yet) rather than what God has blessed me with.

No more! 

Because I know that this is not even a big oak in the forest of life. I may be in the forest, stuck looking at the trees, but I know that God had made a forest. (or another analogy: I may be sitting in the red paint and not able to see the other colors but I know God has a big masterpiece painted).

Let me count my blessings:
1. My relationship with God.
2. My eternal place in heaven with God.
3. My husband (who is not only handsome but smart and strong!).
4. Moose & Squirt (they may drive me crazy but I would lay down my life for each)
5. Running. It really has helped me clear my head and helped me become more patient.
6. Staying home. Many women don't have the support or opportunity to be home with their kids.
7. My friends. I know this has been a struggle for me but I do know that I have friends, good ones.
8. A home. Yes, even with the mold, this house is a blessing.
9. Living in the USA. If you watch America's Got Talent, so many foreigners have come to this country to live out their dreams. How blessed am I to be born in such a land of dreams?!
10. Living more specifically in Nebraska. There is no place like Nebraska (especially during football season).

I could go on and on and on (and in my head I am). But you get the idea. Yesterday, I was questioning God. I wasn't mad at Him really, but more just laying my heart out there. I didn't understand some things. I still don't understand but I am firm in my belief that He does. He made the heavens and the earth, not me. I wasn't even there as a witness so who am I to ask Him why anything is the way it is? He knows what He's doing. It's all in His Plan. I figure if I am not faithful and trusting in this little speed bump in my life, when something worse comes along (and it could, not being pessimistic here just realistic) then where would my faith be?

Have faith today that God is in control.
And open your eyes to the blessings and promises He has given.

Comments

Theresa said…
Yes! I was just reading this morning from Proverbs 30:4
"Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in His garment? Who has established the ends of the earth?"

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)