update on sickies

Moose seems to be feeling better. I still can't get him to eat anything or hardly drink anything. Big A is still puking and other stuff. Squirt is driving me insane. I'm tired.

EDIT: I got a little bit of a nap with Squirt while the other 2 slept on the couch. Moose ate a few crackers I guess; I don't know how much liquid he took down. Diaper was dry when I changed him just a moment ago. Sure hope I can get him to eat and drink tomorrow. I definitely don't need a dehydrated kid. I think Squirt must not be feeling himself either; he took 5 naps today instead of 4 and they were longer than normal, too. But he hasn't thrown up or anything; just cranky. That's pretty normal for him anyway. I don't know how everyone is going to sleep tonight. Moose has been asleep since about 6:30 (and he was only up for a moment so really has been asleep since about 5, I think).

I hate that he's sick. I know I can't prevent it, but I wish I could. And there's nothing I can do for him. I don't even know if his head hurts, his tummy hurts, his throat. I have no idea because he doesn't answer questions. I wish I knew what hurt (or didn't), so I could help more. Poor guy didn't even get through all of Cars earlier today. This is probably the sickest I've ever seen him. Last night while he was throwing up, he never acted "sick" except for crying while he was throwing up. But then once he was clean, he was fine. He tried reading a book. Once he just laid back on his floor and fell asleep. I've NEVER seen him fall asleep like that. He just wanted held (which posed a semi-problem today with Squirt needing to be held/fed/burped today, too). I love how cuddly he gets but I do not like how lethargic he is. I think that's what bothers me the most. He's got so much energy usually so to see him sleep so much (probably more than Squirt did today) is hard. I just hope it helps. It's hard to tell if his fever is down since he's been cuddling with Big A all evening. Last I took his temp it was 100.2. I gave him some acetaminophen.

And Big A. Oh I really hate when he's sick. He has managed to help me out with Squirt today when he was really driving me crazy. It's hard to hear him in the bathroom; must be how he felt when I had morning sickness. Useless. I was putting Squirt down once and I told Moose to go in there and rub his back. He is a good little helper. He took some Pepto (off-brand) and ate crackers and 7Up as much as he could. I'm not sure I'm excited about sharing a bed tonight. LOL I'm kind of concerned that he won't be able to go to work tomorrow. With the snow last week, he only worked 2 days and only has one under his belt for this week. And they laid off 3 guys yesterday and said they are going to lay off 2 more. Be praying for us, won't you? He's the best worker there is, one who will work his tail off to finish a job and do the best job he can. But he hasn't been there very long, 7 months. So we'll see.

It's so hard doing it all. Laundry, dishes, kids, husband. Squirt was the toughest. He was acting off today but not sick. Just off. I'm sure he feels something is wrong around here, though. I hope he sleeps well. Usually does, it just takes a LOT of time to get him to sleep.

Alright, I suppose I should go off to bed myself. Not sure how I'll get to sleep at this hour, but I'll try.

Comments

Hang in there mama! It is hard and seeing your family like that is horrible, especially when there is nothing you can do to make them better.

Have you tried Jello? I gave it to Aiyana when we had the stomach thing going on here right after Halloween. It gets fluids in and a little something in their tummy. She held it down well when she was starting to get better.
And I will be praying about the job!
JennyMac said…
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)