Happy birthday Sesame Street!

As most of you know (if you've opened Google lately, you do know), today is the 40th birthday of Sesame Street. It has been a staple in my life.

I potty trained while watching it (apparently so did my hubby).
I watched it with my sister (as she obsessed over Elmo).
And now I watch it with my son (who is also obsessed with Elmo).

In honor of this historic day, I made Elmo cupcakes.


Ok, so they're not the greatest but Moose knew they were Elmo.

I used:
- white frosting
- red food coloring (half a small one and almost half a big one I had to go out and buy)
- mini marshmallows cut in half
- orange smile gummies cut (or bit) in half
- chocolate pudding for the pupils (I was going to use chocolate chips but only had butterscotch ones)

I also tried to use some juice mix to help redden the frosting so it turned out as strawberry frosting. So not a good idea to try.

I'm going to try these again with red sprinkles (or red sugar). I don't know when but maybe for the boys' birthdays in July. Hopefully they turn out better then. I may even try Cookie Monster or Grover or someone. :)

Here is one of my favorites from when I was a tot (and they still play it): Cecile.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)