58 uninteresting things about me

I stole this from Tiaras & Tantrums - I'm a sucker for an easy post.

The phone rings. Who will it to be?
My mom or my husband.

When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Usually I park by the cart-return thing so I can put Squirt in the car and then take Moose with me to put the cart away. Then put him in the cart. When we lived in Virginia it didn't seem like ANYONE put their carts away so it's kind of a pet peeve of mine (and Big A's) when people don't. But I have not put mine up before; if I'm far away from a cart thing with both kids, I don't know the rules of leaving them in the car alone for the 2.5 seconds it'd take to put it away and I'm afraid someone will somehow take them, even with a locked car.

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
I used to be a listener but now I hardly see adults so I kind of dominate the conversation now. I don't mean to but it's just like vomit, I just can't help it. ADULT CONVERSATION!

Do you take compliments well?
No, but it's a continual thing I'm working on.

Do you play Sudoku?
No, I'm not a math person.

If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Depends on what kind of wilderness. Maybe in a forest but probably not in a jungle.

Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
I went to FCA camp in Estes Park in junior high. They accidentally had me registered as a boy (yeah, it's great having Randi as your first name) despite my mom circling GIRL (in pink) on the registration form. They fixed it and I was with a bunch of high school girls for the week. I had a blast.

What was your favorite game as a kid?
I remember making up menus at my grandparents' house with my older sister. We would put red and white wine on the menu even. Then we would pretend to serve one another.
I also remember playing mail with my cousin. They had this cool old potato storage thing that we would use as a mail box and "mail" one another letters.

If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you?
Absolutely not! I would probably tell their wife too.

Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Depends. If for some awful reason I ended up dating again, I would have to date a Christian. But there are so many different denominations, I would just have to be sure that they were saved.

Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I've never been a pursuer. And I never had anyone pursue me until my husband. I prefer that.

Use three words to describe yourself?
loving, motherly, impatient (I'm working on this last one)

Do any songs make you cry?

Yes, my father/daughter dance song. "You're Gonna Miss This" and other songs about kids who grow up really fast.

Are you continuing your education?
No, but maybe someday I'll finish my teaching degree. Or get my Master's. We'll see.

Do you know how to shoot a gun?
I've shot a gun before but I don't know if I actually could again. I only did it once.

Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
No, but I've always wanted to. I actually thought about it the other day in the mall with the kids.

How often do you read books?
Everyday to myself and everyday to my kids.

Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I probably think about the future the most, but I'd rather dwell on the present and forget the past.

What is your favorite children’s book?
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and The Kissing Hand (any moms with preschoolers or kindergartners should read this one).

What color are your eyes?
hazel

How tall are you?
5'3.75"

Where is your dream house located?
I'm not sure where it's located but I can tell you that it has a bay window, pilars, and a library. I think it's located in the movie "Beauty and the Beast."

If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Moose & Squirt. Then my scrapbooks/photo albums and computer/picture CDs.

When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
A few months ago. I can't remember exactly but before Squirt was born.

Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
I don't know if the mid point of our walk was further than the grocery store. I think they're about the same, 1 1/4 miles.

Do you like mustard?
Sometimes. Usually with ketchup on a hot dog or hamburger. Yummy!

Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
I think I prefer to eat. hmmm but I do like to sleep.

Do you look like your mom or dad?
I look like my dad.

How long does it take you in the shower?
About 15 minutes unless it's been a LOOOOOONG day (or I have to shave the legs).

Can you do the splits?
No, I am NOT flexible at all.

What movie do you want to see right now?
The Blind Side

What did you do for New Year’s?
I can't say that I remember, but probably was packing because that was just days before we moved to Virginia.

Do you think The Grudge was scary?
Didn't see it. Is it good?

Do you own a camera phone?
Yeah, but nothing fancy. I don't even have a memory card to put the pictures on my computer.

Was your mom a cheerleader?
No, my mom was more of the partying type in high school (oh, that's where I got it).

What’s the last letter of your middle name?
N (Lynn)

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
The last few weeks it's only been 4-5 hours. Luckily, I usually take a nap.

Do you like Care Bears?
Sure, they have a movie that's a version of Alice in Wonderland. I love that!

What do you buy at the movies?
Popcorn with butter!! Usually a pop and some candy (or we bring those things in).

Do you know how to play poker?
No.

Do you wear your seat belt?
Yes, always. Because once I was in a rollover accident with a friend when we were 16 and we didn't wear our seatbelts. We were lucky neither of us were hurt.

What do you wear to sleep?
A sports bra and underwear. Unless I decide to wear my nightgown. :)

Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
No, it's only MAYBE 200 people.

How many meals do you eat a day?
Slim Fast for breakfast, Slim Fast & something small for lunch, and supper. Plus 2 VERY small snacks.

Is your tongue pierced?
Nope. I wouldn't ever either. It's bad for your teeth.

Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
Seeing as I don't know what that is, no.

Do you like funny or serious people better?
I like funny people but I'm pretty serious myself. I just wish I was funny!

Ever been to L.A.?
No, I think it'd be fun to go, though.

Did you eat a cookie today?
No, 2 gummy bears though.

Do you use cuss words in other languages?
No, I try not to use the ones in English either.

Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I used to download stuff in high school illegally but now I just don't download music or anything.

Do you hate chocolate?
No, but I love dark chocolate best.

What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I fight with my mom about her smoking or she yells at me about me "preaching" to them. I don't fight with my dad.

Are you a gullible person?
I like to think I'm not.

Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
No, I'm happy with only my husband. ;)

If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
I'd love to teach college English.

Are you easy to get along with?
I think so? I get along with myself just fine ;) (see, I think I'm funny but I'm probably not lol).

What is your favorite time of day?
I love it when my kids are just waking up and are happy to see me. But I also very much love putting them down to sleep. I love those quiet times when we sing and pray.

Comments

JustAGirl said…
i don't know but i think i know where he got the idea that i was depressed. >:/ time to crack some skulls
Great answers. I answered that my mom is always the one who calls me. Well, she reads my blog and all of a sudden, since Sunday, stopped calling! She took it so personal. Today I realized what happened and asked her about it. Yup, her feelings were hurt and she said she figured she would give me space. So silly.

I love those two books as well. I use to teach preschool and always bought children's books. My daughter's now have a huge library. I started reading my daughter the Kissing Hand a few weeks before she started pre-K...too cute!
EmmaP said…
hahaha! love the list. By the way,i am 5'4.75" tee hee...

Also, i am gonna let you practice taking compliments... YOUR NEW PIC IS FABULOUS! YOU LOOK SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jen said…
what a great way to get to know you better.
Jennie said…
that was great... so many of them sounded like I awnsered them...
Loved reading all about you!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)