sleep walking

Yes, I was a sleep walker. I haven't done it since early high school or before as far as I know. However, I am still a sleep talker sometimes. Now, this story has haunted me since 4th grade.

We were having an all-school lock-in. I remember watching The Little Mermaid (so maybe it was before 4th grade?) and I remember I had on purple socks. The last thing I remember is climbing in to my Little Mermaid sleeping bag on the stage of our gym.

I awoke the next morning on the gym floor in a sleeping bag that was NOT mine. I look over and all of these older kids (including my big sister) were giggling at me. I was MORTIFIED. I didn't understand why I was where I was.

Apparently, I had somehow climbed down the steps of the stage. I had then proceeded to climb in this older boy's sleeping bag. WHAT?! It wasn't even a boy I had a crush on.

Luckily, my baby-sitter was in his grade so was sleeping nearby. She saw or heard me and moved me to her sleeping bag, where I laid my pretty blond head to rest until waking up to be humiliated.

Not one of my brightest moments of childhood. It was truly scarring. Luckily, by high school no one remembered...except me.

Now if you want to relive other sleep walking stories or other fun posts, head on over to Mama Kat's to participate in the Writer's Workshop.


Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my goodness! That is funny : ) Were you still friends with the little boy? Or did his Mommy tell him to stay away from girls like you? : )
Jenners said…
Visiting from Mama Kats..

Oh my! This would be beyond mortifying!!! I feel so bad for sleep walkers ... the stories I've been reading sound so freaky and a bit scary!!!
I'm dying here. Dying. I can't stop laughing. Partly because it reminds me of this story that WILL make you feel better. My sister would KILL me if she knew I told anyone, but one year we were at a family reunion and she sleep walked over to my cousin and Pooped on his head. Oh, I can't even type. She was so humiliated when she found out.

As for potty training signs.......I think if he's hiding to do it, that's a GOOD sign that he's becoming way more aware. Also if he comes and tells you when he's done.
I wouldn't even worry about it....I know it would be nice to have him out of diapers, but if he's not ready, I wouldn't push it. When I had my twins I had one in pull ups at night, and three in diapers. :)

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)