Jon & Kate Phenomena

Look. I don't watch the show. Not to say that I haven't, I just don't. It's a cute show when I do watch (or have), but I never knew the actual time of new shows and now we don't have TLC.

However, I think I feel a common bond of parenthood despite the obvious numerical differences of our children. More importantly (to me) I have a Christian bonding with this family. The sisterhood/siblinghood between believers is such a strong bond that I feel it without ever having known them.

I'm in the midst of reading "Multiple Bles8ings" by the Gosselins. And I know I'm not the only one who reads the headlines of the supermarket tabloids - Kate and her Bodyguard, blah blah.

Watching GMA this morning makes my heart break. It seems as if Jon and Kate are having some marital problems. It also seems that they are trying to do what's best for their kids. I'm not in favor of divorce, although I know that there are great reasons for a divorce and I just had a dear friend go through what seems to be a horrific one recently. For me, personally, it's just not an option. And, I hope, for this pair who seem to compliment one another and who have stuck by one another in so many adverse situations, I pray it's not an option for them.

Whatever their problems, I hope they are continually taking them to the Lord and even a therapist. I hate to see a family torn apart.

My blessings out to the Gosselins and their twins and sextuplets.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)