Manic Mondays

I finished reading a terrific book last night: "Sisterchicks on the Loose!" by Robin Jones Gunn. Don't lose interest now; the title does NOT do it justice. Have you ever read a book where you just identified with one of the characters? This was one of those books for me. Sharon is the mother hen, always doing for others and putting herself last. I'm not martyring myself that much; I do things for myself. But just how much in her shell she is reminds me of myself. I know God has something great planned for me; I don't know what that is exactly, but I know there's something. I'm not saying that I'm going to win an Olympic medal or the lottery. It may be as simple as getting a book published or leading a ministry at church. The last one was something that hit me last night. I did take it from the book, but the idea is so fantastic that I couldn't help it.

Mommy's Monday Mornings. A place where mothers can come (or anyone really) with their kids to pray and just collect themselves as the week starts. I'm not sure how I would do this or where (the church I go to now only really has about 3 moms, myself included). Would this even be something moms are interested or are Monday's too hectic? What do you think?

Also, if you find a book by Robin Jones Gunn, pick it up. She has a series (the Christy Miller series) better suited to teenagers. The Sisterchicks series is about some premenopausal moms but I enjoyed it (and I'm 22). I think she has some romance novels. All are Christ centered (and more than just a verse at the beginning) so there are some great values in them, too. Definitely worth the read.

Comments

Jen said…
Looks interesting, Thanks for the recomidation.
farmmom said…
Good idea! Let me know specifics or if you need help or whatever.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)