small victories

So overall, today was a really good day. Besides almost being hit by a semi-truck in town and probably violating traffic laws in order to get my kid home & fed (medium-length story for another time maybe). It was also the last day of MOPS (at least the school-year formal meetings; they have summer meetings but I won't be around for them probably/hopefully).
Moose was really grumpy around noon (probably because I woke him up from a nap to take him to MOPS with me) so I put him down for a nap. I ate, then he woke up and ate lunch. Then we took a five mile trek in town. It was such a beautiful day! Moose only needed a sweatshirt (mostly because his arms got cold walking into a slight wind). You should have seen his hair blowing in the wind (yes, he has hair). Then there is this sweet cat on our "route." Moose adores animals in general but especially ones that I let him play with. This cat (mostly black and some white markings) comes up to me and is fluffy and just rubs against my legs. All the while T is just cooing and wiggling to see/touch the cat. So I get the cat to "stand" on the foot rest of the stroller. And he (or she?) licks Moose's toes! Oh my goodness, did he ever squeal! I'm pretty sure that made his day...then mommy said we had to say good-bye to the kitty. Sorry Moose, Mommy was TIRED after 5 miles. When Big A got home, I finished my workout in the basement with some weights, stairs, and sit-ups.
I weighed myself. Brace yourself: I've lost about 20 pounds since I had Moose (minus the original 30 pound weight loss from the baby and other nasties)!! I really never thought I'd lose 1 pounds let alone 20. But I'm not throwing in the towel yet - I have plenty of work left to do. But celebrate this small victory with me..... (ok, maybe I'm not quite in the Biggest Loser category, but by the time I'm done, I'd like to be)

Edit: Big A was wrong about how 6 blocks = 1/2 a mile. So I didn't walk 5 miles, but I still felt good. That's the best part, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)