Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

Good morning and welcome to the S Club!!

I'm Randi (aka the S Club Mama). I had such a hard time choosing a category to link up with for UBP11! The only ones I knew for sure I didn't line up with is a business blog and dad blog. So I sure hope that all of you find some piece of my life that you can connect with and stick around to follow our S Club antics! I wanted to share some random information with you about myself so we can get to know one another.

- I just turned 25; many times I'm the youngest of whatever group I'm hanging out with
- I have two sons: Moose (3 1/2) and Squirt (1 1/2)

- I really enjoy staying home with them; even on hard days, I can't imagine being elsewhere
- I've been married to my college sweetheart, Big A, for 4 1/2 years


- My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid (love that red hair)
- I have 5 hanging calendars in my house - and I still feel unorganized!
- I am not a chocoholic BUT will eat it if it's around :S
- I love reading to my children; our favorites include The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- my favorite colors are pink and green
- I've ran 2 half marathons: one in Omaha, NE and one on my treadmill just before New Year's Eve 2010
- I lost 50 pounds in 2010; you can read about my journey in my guest posts elsewhere here (I have another guest post I've done but I'm waiting for the URL)
- I really like reviewing products...but wish I got to host more giveaways!
- I was born and bred to be a Cornhusker but am enjoying my life in the Land of Oz
- I don't drink pop or alcohol - no convictions against it; I just don't like the way it tastes (although I do imbibe on each occasionally - only to be disappointed by the taste)
- I love watching Glee, Pretty Little Liars, and No Ordinary Family (by myself)
- I love watching House, Modern Family, Biggest Loser, Parenthood, and What Would You Do? (with my husband)
- Jesus is my personal Savior
- my older son's favorite movie quotes include: "mama, mama, wait for me!" (Robin Hood) and "I'm hungry, mother, I really am" (101 Dalmations)
- my younger son just learned two of the most awful words for a child to know: "mine" and "no"
- you can find me on Facebook and Twitter!

I could go on...and on and on, but I won't. I will let you read some of my favorite posts and just search around my blog. If you want to know more about my family, check out my About Me page. I hope you enjoy our clubbing life!

Don't forget to join in the fun at the Ultimate Blog Party 2011 hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom!

Also my friend GirlGoneMom.com is giving away a $25 SUBWAY gift card and I have entered to win it.  Check out her UBP11 post here.

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

19 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

You are so pretty! I love the picture of you with your cake : ) I am glad you are so young and fun! The boys are always adorable!

Stacey said...

Oooh! I'll have to link up later :) But I actually came to see if anyone won your meal challenge.

Linda said...

You're awesome, Randi, and I'm thankful that I not only get to read your blog but I get to know you in person!

Dee said...

I'm a little Mermaid fan too! :)

Jessica Heights said...

I always enjoy my visits here. Have fun at the party! :)

Shell said...

I love Pretty Little Liars, too. I stopped drinking caffeine when I was pregnant with my oldest(I'm a boy mama, too- I have 3) and still don't drink it much, though I do love my wine. ;)

Stopping by from UBP!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Stopping from the UBP! I love to read to my little guy too. I host a book tie-in meme on Friday and I would live for you to share what you are readin.

The Diaper Diaries said...

Thanks so much for stopping my by blog. A ton of my family is from SW Iowa so my family is full of die hard cornhusker fans. Nice to meet you :)

Juliana RW said...

Hi,

Stopping by from UBP 2011. My name is Juliana and I hope you return my visit to my Personal blog or Shopping blog. Nice to meet you.

Michelle said...

Love Parenthood....and the Biggest Loser...but that is true of most reality shows for me.

party on!

Amy said...

Stopping by from UBP!

You have a lovely family! Hope to read more soon.

Amy
supermummyyam.blogspot.com

TDM Wendy said...

We have way too much in common:
- I don't drink pop or alcohol - no convictions against it; I just don't like the way it tastes

-Like these shows:
Modern Family, Biggest Loser

- Jesus is my personal Savior

And of course the MOPS thing.

And I have been to Nebraska! Cheered (for UCLA) at a football game in a sea of red. And people were really nice to us even though we were the enemies.
Have a great day and thanks for coming by Tales from the Motherhood and Confessions of a Former Child Actress.

TDM Wendy said...

UPB11 party. And I think I left my UBP comment on your other post - because I'm tricky like that!
I just followed you on my rss feed and Google connect. So take that.

Homemom3 said...

Stopping in from UBP to say hi. You have a wonderful looking family and I just love that picture of you and your hubby together. :) How tall is he? I have a taller husband too. I have four kids, two of each. Yours are at that cute age but trying age too. Good luck. Hope you stop on by. I'll definitely be back. :) Off to read your weight post, earlier this year I vowed to lose 75lbs this year.

Photina said...

I am stopping by from UBP11. You also stopped by my running blog. :-) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is one of our favorites here too. It's nice to "meet" you. :-)

Ostriches Look Funny said...

hello! that cake looks delightful. I think we may have a few things in common: Our children are about the same age! It's nice to find bloggers with similar lives, although I love soda and I hate treadmills. I'm sure I'll have to make some changes as I get larger and larger, but for now? Not so much.

Annette said...

I secretly watch Full House reruns. I also watch 90210 and The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I'm way too old for the last two shows. haha.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Annett/ Fit Moms Fit Kids Club said...

Yay a Glee and Modern Family Fan!! Whoo hoo! I love chocolate too. I was just thinking of calling my hubby to get me a bar. I have 2 kiddos, I'm a homeschooling mom, pastors wife, a pro athlete that hates to workout LOL.. I also write a fitness blog, but I LOVE fried fatty foods. You can read more about us in my party post
http://www.fitmomsfitkidsclub.com/2011/03/time-to-party-the-ultimate-blog-party-2011-is-here/
Stop by and say HI!

MadameDeals said...

I am your newest fan from the Ultimate Blog Party 2011. I would really appreciate it if you follow me back through Google Connect Friend. I have a lot of contest going on Madame Deals. $25 amazon gift card, Vera Bradley purse, $100 in jewelry, 200 cut coupons, bare minerals gift pack, $30 for an organic outfit, $75 P&G products, and the chance to win $1000. Thank you Amee

happy followers