Tuesday, December 21, 2010

13.1 treadmill miles

My foot has been aching when I run so I moved my New Year's Eve Treadmill Half Marathon up to this past Sunday so I could suck it up and then rest my foot. I don't know if that's a smart move but it worked out for me!
I started running while the boys napped, so Big A moved the 'mill to the living room so I could watch Netflix while running. Well...our computer doesn't get loud enough to hear and Netflix offers ZERO captions on their instant movies, so I ended up watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu instead. That lasted for not even an entire episode before Squirt decided he needed to wake up (he's been a terrible napper lately <2 hours).
So I moved BACK to the bedroom and put in "Fireproof." I love this movie, I sure do! However, it's not a running movie...I was struggling, so I popped in "National Treasure" (and wished I hadn't sent back Eclipse before I ran this distance). It worked (mostly).
I didn't run the half in the same time as when I ran it outside. I ran this is 2 hours 45 minutes and 6 seconds (whereas I ran it in 2 hours 30 minutes outside) - but I think that's great! I had to walk, especially toward the end. My hip cramped, my knee hurt, my foot ached. But I pushed through and made it to the end.
And then I did a stupid thing and stepped on the scale. I am up 3 pounds from sometime in November. I know, that's not a big deal but when the Wii says I'm overweight, it makes me a little sad. haha However, I'm going to stick to resting for at least a week before running (although I do plan to kick it back in with my Biggest Loser DVDs) again. And I don't plan on running a LONG run for awhile. Give my foot some time to heal (whatever's wrong with it haha).


How have your runs or workouts been lately? Remember, this is a great time of the year to resolve to take care of your body!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

great job! hope the foot feels better soon!

proudpatriot07 said...

Great job on the treadmill half! I'm debating a half, but the longest I've ran is 10 miles. I hope I can do it when I decide to!

That's pretty awesome that your kids managed to nap while you ran, even if they do wake up occasionally, it happens. I couldn't deal with a treadmill run without the TV though!

Amy Lauren

Kara said...

Wow! That's a long ways- good for you! Two cats in your house- oh your boys are lucky!

happy followers