24

Sorry to those 24 fans, I don't watch the show. Today I AM 24!!!

Yes, ladies and gents, it is my birthday. Apparently some very cool people share a birthday (or birthday week) with me.

Sarah of In Light of the Truth (today is her birthday)
Erin of Home with the Boys (this week is her birthday)
Francesca of Mayhem & Moxie (her birthday was last Friday...close enough)

Go on, go wish them a happy birthday! Erin is hosting a gaggle of giveaways this week in honor of her day of birth. Francesca is also hosting a giveaway today that is a "sweet" way to celebrate.


Now, I'm playing along with the ladies at Mayhem & Moxie to share with you my biggest birthday success!



It wasn't very long ago. In fact, it was last July. My Squirt was just that...a little tiny newborn baby squirt. My Moose was a newly 2-year-old. And my best husband ever (in fact, my only husband ever) was about to turn 25 himself.
I hadn't taken advantage the year before of the golden birthday opportunities at hand: Moose turned 1 on the 1st and Big A turned 24 on the 24th. So...I wasn't going to miss out again.
I called and made a Facebook e-vite to tell all of our friends to come for cake to celebrate the head of the household's birthday.

And I didn't tell Big A (I love surprises).
He had no clue. However, luckily for me (and our guests) I spilled the beans about a half an hour before. As I showed him the secret Facebook event, he promptly got up and went to our bedroom. When he came back, he said it was a good thing I'd told him because the man wasn't wearing any underwear (totally not surprised).

Guests started arriving about 15 minutes later. And they never had a clue how close they were to a birthday boy without skivvies. Thank goodness!



That was probably my biggest success in the birthday department, although I do throw pretty fun bashes for my son(s) too (I haven't thrown one for the little guy yet but just wait until July). Moose's first birthday. Moose's 2nd birthday (two links in this one).

If I were to win over at M&M, I would use the party packs for my kids' birthdays. I already have ideas....

PS Today is also a VERY happy birthday as I've lost 4 pounds since last week. Woohoo!

Comments

24?! You're just a baby! Happy bday!
LadyBug-Kellie said…
Happy Birthdayyyyy!!!!!

Hope you enjoy your special day! And congrats on the weight loss this week - that's wonderful!!
Skoots1moM said…
great post
congrats on the weight loss :)
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday!

I cannot believe that you are only 24. :)

Wishing you a wonderful year!

PS this is angie
Etzkorn Family said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It is a bright sunny day here in Seattle for you!! Congrats on the weight!! That could possibly be one of the best presents ever!! :)
Kathy said…
Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one!
Sandy said…
Following you from that wonderful site that is offering a "Kitchen Aid Mixer"...lol
Happy Birthday.. only 24 and so many things in life ahead of you.. many many more wonderful b/days with your family!
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/
Iva Messy said…
Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope it was super fantastic!! :) {your kids are darling!!}
I feel so bad I missed telling you Happy Birthday! Happy Belated. Great job on the weight loss. It is going to just start melting off now!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)