goals

  The other day I was doing a Sydney Cummings workout video on YouTube, when she said something that really struck me. She said that "location doesn't dictate your goals." She was talking about fitness, but I believe it applies to spiritual goals, too.

  My goals for my children and myself haven't changed from before COVID-19. I still pray the same things:
  -for my children to surrender to and love the Lord
  -for my children to love others (starting with their siblings)
  -for my children to kill the idols and sin in their lives
  -for them to trust and obey (their parents and the Lord)
  -for them to have security
  My goals for myself haven't changed. I still pray the same things for myself:
  -to focus on Christ
  -to choose the pleasure of humility
  -to take my thoughts captive and renew my mind
  -to practice stillness and silence (much more difficult but maybe more important right now)
  -to keep my tongue from evil
  -to rest in Him

  What goals did you have before working from home? Did you want to lose 15 pounds or redecorate your living room? Did you desire to read 20 books this year or watch less Netflix?
  How has your perspective changed in these goals? I had a goal to workout most days but I've had to be flexible as my options have dwindled. I could let this make me bitter or I could just relax and know that it's going to be ok.

  List 3-5 goals for yourself in this season. List some spiritual and some not. If you cannot think of any goals, let James 1:26-28 guide you:
  "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."
 1. Bridle your tongue
 2. Visit orphans and widows in their affliction/demonstrate active concern for others
 3. Pursue holiness/righteous living.

  We're in this together! Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)