Veggie Tales: Pirates, Mess Detectives, and a Superhero by Karen Poth (book review)

Veggie Tales has been around for some time; I remember watching Madame Blueberry in junior high. It wasn't until I started to watch the shows with my kids that I learned how valuable the lessons they taught are. Which is why I'm so thankful they started to make Veggie Tales books. We own a Veggie Tale Bible and Saint Nicholas books but have read numerous more.

"Pirates, Mess Detectives, and a Superhero" by Karen Roth stay true to the Veggie Tale premise of using time-honored Biblical virtues in their lessons. This is a 3-in-1 book (I love the frugality of that) that centers around Larry the Cucumber and his other produce pals.
image via BookLook Bloggers

In "Pirate in Training," Junior Asparagus aspires to be one of the "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" because he doesn't want to go to school anymore. The pirates give him lessons in being a pirate that show him how they use math and reading (things you learn at school) to get by in their pirate-y lives.

"Larry Boy and the Mudslingers" takes place at a water park and uses the verse Luke 11:4 as its premise:
 "Forgive us our sins, as we also forgive everyone who sins against us. Keep us from falling into sin when we are tempted."
 In the story, the Bad Apple traps Bumblyburg residents into being angry with one another by tricking them into thinking the other is throwing mud-balloons. Will Larry Boy be able to forgive or will he be stuck in the mud?

"Listen Up, Larry" is a really good lesson into listening (obviously). Larry ends up in various predicaments because he doesn't listen. It sounds similar to an evening at my house with my sons. However, I also did take this lesson to heart because I can be distracted by other things going on versus listening to whoever is talking to me.

Veggie Tales are not just for your kids! Trust me, they give valuable lessons to living a godly life.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)