Holy Spirit prayers

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. - Romans 8:26

I find great reassurance in this Scripture. This morning Squirt had a small surgical procedure to clean his ears and they ended up putting in new tubes. I know this is a common procedure - we've been through it twice already (3 now!) between the boys. And yet...it's a surgery. There are always risks. And I was reminded yesterday at a MOPS meeting about how the hospital is the germiest place ever (ugh - not something you want to hear when your little one is going under!). 

So this morning I wanted to pray for him and I did, but I didn't feel my words were telling God about my fears, my desires. I knew, though, that the Holy Spirit was in prayer for me. He knows my heart. He knows what I need to say and says it for me. 

And Squirt came out beautifully. Crying after waking up, just like a year ago (not quite as high pitched). Hopefully this will improve his hearing - wax on top of fluid-filled ears makes for hard hearing. I'm so thankful for the doctors and nurses that cared for him (this nurse named Connie who usually helps us at our follow up check ups even came down to the floor to check in on him; she's the sweetest!). So thankful for our little germy hospital. LOL 

My trooper is home, happy. He's had french fries (the only thing he didn't wail at the thought of), chocolate milk, a banana, and watched The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. He's even helped me with laundry - what a guy! He earned his best behavior marble for today. :) 


Comments

Glad everything went well! I love it that God can pray on our behalf when we just don't have the words for it..such a good feeling.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)