OK, forgive me, I skipped Day 8. I need to really schedule some of these posts instead of trying to write them the day of. Ah, to live and learn.
The best time for you to exercise may not work for your next door neighbor or your best gal pal. Life is busy for us all, which is why I mentioned in a previous post that you really need to schedule your workouts. It may not be the same each day or each week but a specific time to workout will be a sure-fire way to make it happen!
Today, for example, I usually workout in the mornings. However, I have volleyball tonight and my husband has a meeting at church. Our boys already have a playdate planned with a great friend (whose mother is awesome!), so I decided that after my volleyball I would workout then at the gym. It won't be the same next week and definitely not the same as tomorrow, but it works for today.
One of the best times to workout is in the morning. This requires even more scheduling, starting the night before. Here are some great tips for working out in the AM.
1. Plan to go to bed early. You're not going to get up at 5:30am if you're not in bed until midnight or later. For me, if I want to be up at 5:30, I need to go to bed at 9 so I'm asleep by 9:30. This has required a change of heart for me. I'm a night owl by nature, but I've come to realize that it's not the end of the world (and doesn't mean I'm old) if I go to bed early - even on a weekend!
2. Set out your workout clothes. This includes hair accessories and sneakers. I've heard suggestions of wearing your workout clothes to bed, if comfy. I'd do this but I wear my things multiple times so I'd be stinky.
3. Set out everything else you'll need. Put the DVD in, put your water bottles in the fridge, set out the dog's leash. Whatever you require to workout (iPod, flashlight, mace) - set it out!
4. Set your alarm. AND put it far away from your bed. Then you are forced to get up to shut it off - and by then, you're up so you may as well workout, right?
5. Be determined not to sleep in. A little mind over matter goes a long way.
Maybe working out in the mornings don't really work for you, but maybe they can. I have a friend who gets up at 4:30 to workout so that she has plenty of time to get in the workout, shower, get ready for work, drop her baby off at daycare, and get to work on time. I don't know if I'd have that determination if I were a working mom, but if she can do it, why can't you?
I also wanted to mention this awesome giveaway going on at The Vintage Pearl for a KitchenAide mixer and a necklace from TVP. Awesome. Check it out here.
choose your topic
Moose Squirt review Big A giveaway love birthday book running family milestones Angie's Wordful Wednesday Book Sneeze God Writer's Workshop Christmas Etsy Monday Meanderings autism contest SITS weight loss baby Mama Kat's Losin It Halloween Jesus motherhood growing up Christianity half marathon meme boys random Boys in Motion brothers wordless wednesday S Club exercise Huskers Seven Clown Circus marriage parenting advice party vacation friendship guest post recipe summer home pictures MOPS advice anniversary cakes fun play date prayer salvation Holy Spirit Tip Junkie crafts playing speech evaluation Superman Valentine's Day WIWW birth park weekend 5K cupcakes grace race race report sons tutorial 10K Kansas Yellowstone testimony vlog