Max on Life by Max Lucado (review)

Max Lucado is one of the leading biblical authorities. He is a best-selling author of numerous books, my favorite being his Wemmick books. However, these books may have to make room for "Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions."

In "Max on Life," Max answers questions from people who have written to him over the years. The questions have a broad range from "My pastor offers to visit the sick and anoint them with oil. Sounds like voodoo to me. What do you think?" (Max offers the Scripture from James 5:13-16) to "Our church is having trouble getting along. Sides are being drawn, and tempers are flaring. What can we do?" (the Corinthians had this problem, too). Max offers up biblical answers based first upon the Bible, then upon his life experiences.

My only discrepancy with Max was that in a few places he said that God cannot change. I do believe that God doesn't change but there is a difference between doesn't and can't. I believe God could change if He wanted to. However, I have nothing to back me up on this. The Bible merely says that God doesn't change. So this is a matter of little importance.

I love hearing how Max answers the hard questions of life about sex, salvation, marriage, death, retirement, worrying. If you need an answer, you can probably find one in here. It's truly a great book that I highly recommend. Probably my second favorite book I've written a review on (sorry, I just ate up Run Like a Mother). But oh, this is a good read!

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not like the book as much as I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)