what is a lady?

Tonight we had a terrific speaker from Kansas City join us at our church for our Mother-Daughter Banquet. She spoke on: "what is a lady?" She used the acronym "LADY" to help us answer that question.

L - listener

A - affirmer

D - disciplined

Y - yielded to Christ
picture of Mary in Nativity Story - picture of a lady

We listen to our husbands, children, friends, and family members.
We affirm our girl friends, our husbands, and our children.
We are disciplined, organized, and self-controlled.
We have yielded our lives to Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I really appreciated this topic - very feminine but not fluffy matter. And the fellowship over our supper was just wonderful. I got to sit with my little sister and one of my best friends (who also happens to be one of my best affirmers). Just a beautiful night.

Big A & I also attended a marriage conference that I'd love to share about later this week. Good stuff!

Comments

Jen said…
I love it. Thanks for sharing and I cannot wait to hear about the marriage conference.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)